Friday, February 3, 2012

New craft project, Bib

I got a sewing machine for Christmas.  I used to play on Nanny's sewing machine, but play is about all we ever did, never really made anything to speak of other than a few stitches on some scrap fabric.  She taught us a little, but being kids, we could have cared less to actually learn, we just wanted to play.  Anyway, now that I am older, I have decided that I would like to actually learn how to really sew. I mean, I don't want to be project runway seamstress or anything.

I have made a few things... as you have seen in a previous post.  Most of them....well....you can tell I'm still learning... lol! So i said, let me pick a project that will be easy, I can finish fairly quickly, and actually make it look nice.  So I chose to make a bib.

I had completely different plans from the way it actually turned out but i think it came out super cute....(from a distance) don't get too close b/c you can see all of the flaws.  but I think for the first bib I've ever made, I would call this one a success.


ok, so first the bib shape was a challenge in and of it's self! Lots of curves.  Straight lines are easy, curves a bit more challenging.  Second, sewing on that ruffle, and then of course that "R".  MAN that furry fabric is tough!! It's hard to see what and where you are stitching. 

ok, so right now it's a little long. but her whole outfit will be protected from spit up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment